Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Revelation

I am still in the process of reading through my entire journal collection and extracting all of the lessons I have learned for documentation. My journals consist of three eras of my life I have named when I begin writing them consistently back in 2003. They contain over half of my Great Depression Era, the full time span of my Post-Depression Era, and a little over a year into the New Era to present time.

I was reading over a journal back from September 22, 2003. During this time I was staying in D.C. with my brother and God had already told me that I needed to return to Greenville about a week or two earlier. I was already making my plans and put in my notices at my part time jobs and was ready to take a leap of faith. Now I know for some of you it may not have taken faith but let me remind you I had no prospects aside from a college degree. Little to no money, no car, no driver’s license, and hardly any work experience. So it took a lot of faith to return to G-Ville with my head between my legs begging my old college friends for a place to stay and looking like the biggest loser walking.

Reading over my journal from that September, I had documented all the major blessings of my life up to that point in time. How God’s plan for my life was so perfectly designed and how they worked out so beautifully when I BECAME obedient and followed them to the letter. I took the narrow path in a lot of situations and I am still reaping blessings today from the right decisions I made back even when I was a freshmen in college and before.

You know scripture talks about God pouring out blessings you won’t have room to receive, mainly discussing tithes and offerings. And I hear people complaining about how they pay tithes and offerings and they are just as financially limited as they were when they didn’t pay, some may even be more financially limited not being able to buy all the luxuries they desire because of that ten percent leaving they’re pay checks. So they ask, “Where are all of these blessings scripture talks about? My cup is supposed to be overflowing.”

I look at tithes and offerings more than just a Christian scriptural requirement and more than just so your church has the necessary funds to continue its mission. It is about faith and obedience. The two go together but most people seem to look at it from a perceptive as if something is owed to us. And whatever is due must come in the form of a pay check.

Let me say this, all of the money in the world can be contained. If you had all the money in the world, then it stands to reason that you can afford to build the room to contain it. But as I read my journals, the blessings I list are the friendships and healthy relationships I seized that lead to other friendships and relationships. The skills, the wisdom, and the knowledge I’ve learned from these people. The powerful prayers, testimonies, and personal gifts I received from these individuals. The lifetime partnerships established in going together and uphold God’s principles and be a beckon of light on the earth. No man can contain such blessings in a single day and not even in their own lifetime because of the impact you still have the opportunity to make on the earth just by simply being obedient and having faith in every situation. I deserve damnation but my salvation through Jesus Christ overflows my heart with hope. What more do you people want?

No comments: