Monday, May 5, 2008

Looking forward to the Summer

I hearby write this journal after jogging with my friend Jared from the BCM and after I took my last test and turned in my last paper for my class in African American Literature. I must say it was a great class and I really learned a great deal but it was also a lot of reading and I must admit that I did not manage to get through all my readings this semester. I don't understand how I procrastinate so badly. I mean I am getting better but as I get better the work load becomes greater so I never catch up. Of course, I do well anyway but the stress and suffering, and nightmares. Have you ever gotten a nightmare that you were in a classroom and everyone is turning in work for a final and you have no idea what the class is and don't have any of the final work to turn and you know you are about to get a BIG FAT F!!! And all you can think about is, "HOW IN THE WORLD HAVE I MISSED THIS CLASS ALL SEMESTER!!!" Now that is worse than any of my reocurring nightmars of stumbling over rotting dead aminals and falling on top of coffins in graves. I have had those type of nightmares since I was a kid. Probably due to my unstable family environment and my dad shot and killed in my front yard and no boby told me they loved me when I was six, I believe Dr. Phil would describe it. But nevertheless whatever the childhood tramas, I have gotten quite used to my nightmares that I sleep just as soundly with them now as with any dream. I am looking forward to focusing on a lot a recreational reading this summer. I have got quite a few books lined up and I really want to focused on a lot of spiritual issues of growth this summer. It is time a really take charge of my true potential of what God has for me. Work is still a bit overwelming in the season but we will push through. Humbling Forward in a New Era of Faith in 2008!!!!

No comments: