Thursday, May 1, 2008

I WANT TO BE RICH!!!

Yesterday, I stopped by my bank to transfer funds from my savings to my checking in order to return my travel advance I receiveD for my job when I do a lot of travel in Fall and Spring. While I was there, I decided that I could afford to open up at least one CD and have it sit there for eight months because it was going to sit there anyway as part of my emergency savings while I still will continue my search for my first vehicle. The lady was very helpful, I decided to gain a bit more information about opening up a IRA eventually. Now I have been reading a lot of financial books lately, so I am pretty familiar with the advantages to IRAs and Mutual Funds especially for saving for your retirement. The days of depending on your jobs to do it for you is going to the age of the dinosaurs. It is time Christians that we take a more AGGRESSIVE approach with our finances. Now I am trying to figure out what preacher or what Christian friend you have been listening to that says that the pursuit of money is the root of all evil. It that were true then we are all evil anyway with the little money we are pursuing. I never met anyone who turned down a raise and if you did, you would think they were crazy. Who told you that you should feel guilty of the desire and overflow that God has waiting to give you. Now of course, I am no fool. You cannot put money before God or before people. You cannot love money for the sake of greed or status, otherwise it is no better in your hands than a sinners. BUT I AM TIRED, of seeing the wealth of this world in the hands of the wicked who are using their financial power to influence economical, political, and socialogical changes in our society which makes it that much harder for Christians to make an impact for God's glory in the world and in their homes. I need to see some more wealthy Christians out there, and since most Christians I meet tend to ignore Wall Street, I guess I will volunteer to be in the wealthy number. Now if you truly, don't lie to yourself now. If you truly do not care about being wealthy, if you are satisfied with a simple income and storing up just enough to live comfortably for yourself and your family, then by all means that is just fine. God will still take care of you. But I am talking to those Christians out there who secretly desire to really want to go all out in life and see what you can accomplish financially while still maintaining your Godly principles, integrity, and objectives. I want to become a GREAT WRITER and I want great wealth to see what can I really accomplish out here in the world. And I am not just saying this. I really mean it because I understand it is meaningless, and I can't take it with me. I pay my tithes and offering, I try to stretch myself to give more, and do for others. I used to be really stingy so I know that if I am not giving now, I won't give when I do have more. Now don't confuse me, I have no attention on giving it all away and not to just anybody so don't bother calling me up for a loan or you might get your feelings hurt. I'll share your financial pain, I'll cry with you, I'll pray for you but I going to eventually say LOAN DENIED if it is not in my heart to give. I can't be manipulated and my family will definitely testify to that and you can call me a hypocrite all you want, I won't lose any sleep over it. I want to grow and be wise with my wealth and quite frankly, I already feel rich with the blessings God has instilled in my life. Now I can be satified with the modest lifestyle. But I won't lie to God, I pray for a lot of things but I do tell him that "I won't MONEY, lots and lots of MONEY, I want the pie in the skyyyyyyyyyyy. I WANT TO BE RICH!!!!"

No comments: